Thursday, July 28, 2011

There but for the grace...

I was reminded yesterday of the grace I have experienced this life. I've been in the mud up past my armpits several times, yet I did not go under. And it was not me that kept me from going under. Grace gave me a solid rock to stand on in that slippery scarey place. And it was grace that nudged me to make the decision to stay on the up and up rather than slide into old behavior. On my own, I am not always so wise. My brain can go a bit crazy over the simplest of things.

So, yesterday, in the midst of counting blessings that have been coming my way lately, I was reminded, and I felt gratitude once more still. And, later in the day, when I got a call from someone who was in a place that I used to be, I repeated "There but for the grace of God..." one more time. I sure appreciate newcomers.

No comments:

Post a Comment