Wednesday, December 7, 2011

On the Edge of the Road

There was a long time there that I commuted many miles, in my little car with the plaid top. It was a crazy split life, but that's a different story. The part that's applicable here is that many times somewhere in the middle of my 2 hour drive, I would just get really tired - wake up and discover you are coming up on a turn and still find it difficult to keep the eyes open kind of tired. So, I would pull over to the side of the road and take a 15 minute power nap. Refreshed by that short interlude, the rest of the trip would be uneventful, and usually even enjoyable.

Life in general has been like that lately. In these days of electronic devices and the extremist work ethic, I find that I just get tired sometimes. When I suddenly wake up and discover that I am headed for a turn, it is obviously time for me to pull over to the edge of the road, no matter how important I think it is to "get 'er done." I know it is time for a power recharge: some surrender, meditation, and seeking guidance. I might even smell a rose or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment